You might already know that my last run was an utter failure. However, on the bright side, I’ve been running since then 2-3 times weekly. A friend recommended this “C 25K” app, and it helped a lot. So, last Friday was “Cairo Runners” wake-up run (a 8K route), and I needed to test my progress.
Well, last time I ran a Kilo and walked the rest, this time I ran around half the route. That’s something!
So, in case you haven’t already stumbled upon my list, I had until my 23rd birthday (yesterday) to cross these 23 things off. I haven’t fulfilled half the list, but I’m pretty satisfied with what I managed to meet.
- Finish my novel(s): I’m not proud to declare that my “Work In Progress” is still in progress, but in my defense, senior year ate up both my time and energy.
- Win NaNoWriMo: Same as above, plus, my finals started in November!
- Scrub-in: Preferably in an eye surgery: Didn’t happen!
- Score an A in at least one subject: Now this sounds ridiculously hilarious, because my score, in fact, has dropped big time! I’m so grateful that I actually passed, and thank God my cumulative score went unaffected.
- Be among the top 1st 500 students in my class: LOL! Okay, let’s say I managed to cling to the top 791! (My class is around 1500).
- Reach my ideal weight: Well, I’m happy to announce that I’m halfway there.
- Finish “Insanity” workouts without twisting any joints: I didn’t, but I finished 2 rounds of Turbo Jam, and 2 rounds Body Beast! That’s definitely SOMETHING!
Learn to swim.
Learn another sport: Started Judo a month ago. 😀
- Learn to dance: Not yet!
Improve my photography skills.
- Earn drivers’ license: Still postponing!
- Read 20 books at least, including the Qur’an: Finished only 5! 😦
Inspire someone(s): Well, some friends claim that I did. 😀
- Speak French: In progress.
- Play guitar: I wasn’t that lucky..
Bake a successful cheesecake: Done, more than once! 😀
- Go skating: Not yet.
Climb a mountain, scuba-dive or jump with a parachute: My most precious achievement! Check this post!
- Volunteer in a cause: Not yet.
Join a book club: I did actually create one. Wanna join?? Here!
Visit brand new places without traveling abroad: Go to number 19.
- Fall in love: I wasn’t that fortunate.
Coming soon: 24 things before turning 24!
“There are so many people. It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined.” – Paper Towns by John Green.
Another crafted piece by John Green that gets you engaged from the very first page. Portraying people’s perceptions and how it reflects on their expectations, this book puts you in a state of emotional tornado. Impulses of anticipation, mingled with moments of fun and agony. It makes you both wonder and wander as you read on. The thing is, the more you read, the more you realize it’s not just about Quentin and his quest of Margo; it somehow happens to be about you too.
I started this book before my final exams (like 3 months ago) and was reading as fast as turtle, but I heard myself gasp when I finished the last page, because for some reason I wanted this book to go on forever..