In an optimistic attempt to acknowledge the beauty we miss, I’ll be posting something beautiful everyday for the next 356 days. Some will be new shots, others old and revived.
I was bored and hungry, and too lazy to dig the internet for a good protein bar recipe that I have all its ingredients, so I set my cooking instinct free. And it didn’t let me down! 😉
Chocolate granola protein bar*:
– 2 medium cups sugar-free musli.
– 3 egg whites.
– 3 tbsp. home-made almond butter (pure almond).
– 2 servings of your protein powder.
– 1 tsp. baking powder.
– 1 ordinary low fat yogurt (Greek would be better, but I had none).
– 16 pieces of galaxy milk chocolate (like 3 ordinary bars or one big bar)… You can use dark chocolate of course, but I can’t resist galaxy’s taste).
Mix all ingredients except chocolate. Spread on a tray. Cook in 180ْ C for 20-30 minutes. Then melt the chocolate and spread it over. Cool down, then enjoy!
*Makes around 12 bars. I think it has like 8 grams protein or maybe more. You can use my fitness pal to accurately calculate.
It’s been a while since I last showed up! Things are pretty messed up; there’re classes as usual, a swelling photography mania, plus the recent obsession with getting in shape! So I’ve been working out, watching my calories and digging the internet for healthy recipes.
Now who said a cheesecake can’t be healthy?? All you need is to eliminate butter, cream, biscuits, cheese and… o’ oh! Don’t worry I figured it out! I combined two recipes I found on the internet and here’s the result!
– 1 cup ground oats.
– 2-3 egg whites.
– 1 tbsp. honey.
– 2 packs plain yogurt (the lower in fat the better).
– 2 cups milk powder.
– 1 cup sugar or any sweetener.
– Strawberry jam for the topping (or whatever you want).
– For the base: Roast the oats in a pan until golden, then mix with egg whites and honey, and spread in the bottom of whatever you’ll bake in.
– The filling: Mix the milk, yogurt and sugar then blend together until smooth. Pour over the base.
– Bake in 160-180ْْ C until it starts to thicken or gets a golden-ish tinge.
– Cool down in the fridge.
– The topping: Add 1 tsp. strawberry jam to each serving and bon appétit!