Source: Google images.
All of the series that drove me to laugh, the most hilarious one is Psych. I remember randomly stumbling by it few years back on TV, and I ended up stalking every episode of every season. So here’s why it hooked me:
* Comedy is neither about clumsily lame body movements nor throwing some jokes and “driving them into the ground” to waste time. That’s why I’ve never been such a huge fan of sitcoms, and that’s exactly what I love about Psych. The whole situation would crack you up without any exaggeration.
* Gus; the sincere friend and Lassie; the self-centered unfriendly cop! Although non of them is the main character I come to believe they are the real stars of the show! You need to watch it to see how it works.
* The state of mind. I find the idea of a brilliantly observant guy pretending to be a psychic and using his wits to work with the police on solving crimes very appealing.
That’s pretty much enough for now.. What are your favorite comedy series??
I’m guest posting on one of my favorite blogs; “Dear Optimists”. You can check my post here! My 12-year-old sister drew the illustrations.. 🙂
Being a medical student can be either funny, weird or pathetic…
Well, it’s funny when..
- Everybody knows you must be so smart!
- Most of people respect you!
- Everybody calls you a doctor that sometimes you hate it!
- There’s a syndrome with your name (medical student syndrome)!
- You know how to measure blood pressure, how to use a stethoscope and what drugs are used for!!
- You know it’s called “Alzheimer’s” not “Zahaimar” and “Schizophrenia” not “Shezophrenia” ! 😛
- Your neighbor catches flu and asks you to prescribe her a drug!
- You watch medical series and feel so happy when you understand what they’re talking about and much happier when you know the diagnosis of a disease!
- You’ve got plenty of time (7 years) to make new friends, they become a part of your family and you become a part of theirs!
It’s weird when..
- You use medical terms in the middle of your ordinary talk, even without noticing!
- Your Facebook status and posts are medically related!
- You type “Vagus” instead of “Vegas” and “Staph” instead of “Staff” and you may even say “Jugular” instead of “Jaguar”!!
- Your parents get you a stethoscope, a microscope or any other “scope” for your birthday & you may celebrate it at college with your friends within 15 minutes right before an upcoming lecture!
- You’d rather spend two hours staring at a human liver, studying its anatomy, than go home later and find out that your mother has cooked “livers” for lunch!!
- You’re not supposed to panic when you see a dead body dissected into pieces or a blood pool in the street!
And it becomes pathetic when..
- You forget your name!
- You’re always supposed to be anywhere but your home… Doing what? Attending either lectures, sections, rounds or courses!!
- You forget what a “weekend” means since you’re out 24/7!!
- You’re always doing something, so your biggest fun becomes staying at home and doing nothing!
- You either have migraines, gastritis or sinusitis!
- You take anti-depressants, anxiolytics & sedatives without (or with) consultation!
- You get a panic attack at least twice!
- Sometimes you think you might need psychotherapy!
- Your summer vacation starts 2 months after other students get bored of theirs!
- Your younger siblings graduate before you do and even get a job!!
- You usually miss your family gatherings, birthday parties & weddings and you spend your whole “Eid” vacation studying for an upcoming exam!
- Peoples’ blood, urine, stools, pus, sputum and vomitus become a part of your curriculum and a part of your job later!! (Yeah, I know it’s disgusting)!!
But you know what, after all, I think I love being a medical student!! 🙂